We are committed to ensuring that those who work with children, young people and adults at risk, most of whom are volunteers, receive the appropriate training and support.
Please see below to view our safeguarding policies and procedures or click here to download
To download our Safeguarding guidelines relating to Children,Young People and Adults at Risk click here
The Church Safeguarding Representative is Carole Grose, tel 01626 854457
Chudleigh Parish Church Safeguarding Policy
Our policy is:
To accept the prime duty of care placed upon the incumbent and the
PCC to ensure the well-being of children and young people in the church
To appoint a Parish Safeguarding Representative to monitor
safeguarding concerns and, if that person is not a PCC member, to appoint a PCC
member as a Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
To display prominently both the Childline telephone number (0800
1111) and the name of the Parish Safeguarding Representative for Child
To ensure that all those authorised to work with children and young
people or in a position of authority are appropriately appointed, trained and
supported, and provide all authorised personnel with a copy of the parish child
protection policy, procedures and good practice guidelines.
To pay particular attention to children with special needs and those
from ethnic minorities to ensure their full integration and protection within
the church community.
To create a culture of informed vigilance which takes children
To ensure that appropriate pastoral care is available for those
adults who have disclosed that they have been abused as children.
To provide, as appropriate, support for all parents and families in
To ensure that those who may pose a threat to children and young
people are effectively managed and monitored.
10 To ensure that appropriate health and safety policies and procedures are in place and insurance cover for all activities undertaken in the name of the parish.
2. Policy on the Safeguarding of Adults experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as at risk of abuse or neglect at some times in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be at risk, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be at risk.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of adults at risk and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be at risk.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be at risk.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with adults at risk will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.